Wednesday, May 5, 2010

One Show Comes Down, the Next Goes Up

This lovely venue, the Palace Cafe (http://www.palacecafeashland.com/), came to me on a quick spurt and I was able to fill this pleasant, well-lit wall. The owner, wanted new work on his walls, had contacted the Ashland Art Center, and they gave him a couple of us artists who have large format pieces. The other artist was "spread a bit thin" right now with lots of Spring shows, so mustered together ALL the bigger pieces I could and well ah!! All fourteen framed filled his walls with pleasant breathing room.



There was some confusion on when I was to take down the show and I double checked, mentioning I'd be able to leave my pieces there for another month if necessary. But I received a call, letting me know another artist was anxious to hang and I could come pick up. I was a day of flurry, because that very same day I was to hang for the upcoming May Ashland First Friday at the new Boulevard Cafe.

This venue I also heard about thru the Ashland Art Center. A newly redecorated end of the Strafford Inn on the south end of Ashland has long, well lit walls and will be on the Artwalk too. The have fabulous coffee and delectable eats along with a spacious room with overstuffed, comfy accommodations for patrons. They are very kind and accommodating to their month artist as you can see from their website: http://boulevard-coffee.com/cafe/events/


Because of the open, wide cafe and an awaiting audience available in their Inn guests, I had a flash idea. So I've proposed to them, my offering to their guests, along with any of my previous students who'd like to partake, a "Journaling Clinic". I'd offer a short presentation in a class-like manner and then, just be available for questions and helping anyone who had requests. We are now bouncing back and forth the idea and may or may not incorporate this "Clinic" idea into their newsletter for the upcoming Shakespeare Theatre patrons and Souther Oregon tourists.
Life IS full of great opportunities and gifts . . .

I'm learning and trusting I'm open to all to the Universe's abundance. Join me won't you?

No comments: