Sunday, May 26, 2013

Colorado Reunion ~ Nesting In and Catching Up

Yipppppppppppppie ~ my first FULL day in beautiful Telluride. Up early to kinda bounce around my new digs (didn't know there was a breakfast served downstairs - silly me, it is a Bed & Breakfast). So now I have a closet of food and there's more for me in the kitchen! I make a combo of my favorite cereal and their fresh fruits 'n berries. Delicious munches as I eat my "breakie" out on my lil sunny deck (had to paint the view from my deck for you!!), drinking in the yellow of the nearby aspens and vicariously romping like the dogs running along the river trail below. My aim is to get out soon and hike up Bear Creek Valley.

I do get off on my hike ... choose this yellow lil' pearl from my quaking aspens to install in my journal. The hike is invigorating with the sweetest smelling air! I feel so alive and energized that I tend to ignore the rain sprinkles. Once back from my hike I hustle to meet a friend to whom I've shipped my paintings that will go in the Tellluride Gallery of Fine Art Show. We lunch at the "Brown Dog" and I trundle back to the room with my big box. My evening involves unpacking the paintings methodically, photoing the positioning so that I can re-pack them to ship back home safely. N-o-o-o-o-w you know how detailed I can be!!

Next day I have learned that to miss the rain showers during my hike, I need to get going earlier. So I'm up, and off. After the same enlivening hike I bip over to my friend Hether's home to visit. A peer artist whom I've not seen in probably near forty years is there and we catch up. Hether is returning the glass bowl to Anna after it had traveled for fourteen years, finally to be here in Telluride when Anna, who now lives in Oregon, is here too! Then, Hether's son (now remember I used to live with Hether and her son was an ornery young pre-teen then) drops by ~ and ~ oh my!! Not only is he a grown man but he's a head taller than me and has broad strong shoulders (and some grey hair too!) I just had to capture his playful spirit and his kind heart clearly visible here as he holds one of his two Chihuahuas ~ such a size contrast!

My evening meal was a joyous reunion. One of my most dear friends in Tellluride had kind of disappeared from my world. Not responding to birthday cards 'n letters, I'd given up on her. Then, just before I came to this Reunion ... I get a birthday card from her! Who believes in serendipity? So my meal was a sweet reconnecting with my friend Linda. The Mexican restaurant is noisy and hurried, but the connection was warm and we agreed to a more private meal at her home later. Such a full, rewarding day . . . I'm lovin' my reunion with my beloved Telluride. I even fantasize . . . is there some way I can live here again? Hey, we can all dream, right?

The Western memorabilia - well, I just had to gather some part of the wild atmosphere - are collected from some of my travelings through Telluride - had to have the "Cowgirl" card. Most of you know I'm a closet cowgirl, right? Well, you know now :)


2 comments:

Renie said...

oops ~ happy belated birthday, dear lady! Sounds as though you're having a terrific time. Are the aspens yellow due to new little leaves? I always associate yellow aspens with autumn and thought I'd stumbled onto an old blog entry for awhile.
Have a blast, but please come home someday......

Elaine Frenett, Journaling & Watercolor Sketching Instructor said...

Hi Irene ... and all others ... just to let you know that what I'm posting is about my Autumn 2012 trip to Colorado. You are correct Irene, that the yellow aspen leaves come in the fall, it was September. But I'm a tad behind in posting ... hope I don't confuse you further. I am home NOW :) ... but do have plans of returning to Colorado this summer ...