Sunday, April 24, 2011

May Watercolor Class: "Watercolor Exploration for Newbies"

Just to take a break from "our return from Mexico" via my journal ... back here in beautiful, spring blossoming Oregon, I'm warming up for a season of outdoor painting and journaling.

Having just recently taught a "Watercolor Journaling Basics" in March, I'm answering the call to have a continuing class.

During this 3-session class we will explore basic watercolor techniques, revisiting value/volume, color theory (more info on "color temperature") and improving illustrative skills (with some attention to creating surface textures). Our agenda looks like this:

Dates:
All Wednesdays, 5-8pm, May 11th, May 18th and May 25th.

Location:
The Ashland Art Center's Main Classroom, 357 E. Main Street, Ashland, Oregon. The second class hopefully, will offer up a 'plein air' experience weather permitting.

Fee:
$110-

Registrations & Materials:
To register, contact me in Studio 13, upstairs at the Ashland Art Center (there is a registration sheet right as you pass my studio), email me at: elainefrenett@live.com or give me a phone call at: 541-944-2196. The "Materials List" will be provided upon Registration.

Come on you all, let's get out our paintbrushes, ready for summer, vacations and memory sketching!

No comments: