Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Journal Vantagepoint followed by PleinAir Workshop

Now I hope you won't be bored, so I'll make this entry brief. I've finally caught up my journal and it, of course, had to contain images from that story of one of my sweetest days of recent. You know the one, August 15th (see previous post) with the title, "Breakfast with Fairies, then Tomato Harvest"? Well, here's my journal version of that . . . and

. . . the recent Plein Air Painting Workshop I did in concert with Silvia Trujillo is on the opposite page. This is one of my participants who has fallen into love with my favorite "Thalo Blue by Schmincke". She pushed to dark value in her piece pretty much just using that pigment ~ its juicy rich!

Then, there was this charming frog too, who entertained us sitting on this stone. He crawled up and basked in the sun, using his big toes to gently clean and polish his face. Just like we'd been invited into his home . . . well, guess that is where we were!

So, for now I'm caught up . . . but we know . . . life and visual journals never end . . .

No comments: