Monday, July 22, 2013

It May Look Like Cheese Cake . . .

I know you will swear this looks like cheese cake, right? And it was really, really good cheese cake. But above and beyond wanting to remember the flavor and source of this cheese cake, this page served a second purpose. Last October was not an easy month for me ... I'd listened to this dream in my heart and for awhile ... it really seemed like it was coming to fruition. It was going to be a big change for me but I was ready to leap. Then, the foundation, the supporters just sort of floated away. There was some heart break ... but disguised on this page and with the text mostly unreadable in the midst of the cheese cake, I've aimed at expressing my feelings yet keeping it mostly private. So just suffice to say ... it was really good cheese cake.

My adjacent page was a serendipitous free concert. A friend of mine had won these two tickets to a local venue and couldn't go. She was kind enough to ask if I'd like the tickets. Well, shoot YES!! Bill Staines has many noted albums and a history of lovely ballads as well as some children's songs substantially under his belt. It was a soothing evening just listening to a gentle guitar and a rich, often humorous voice dance across the room. What I sometimes do, because I don't always get a photo of a performer to sketch from, I went online and compiled an image of Bill at his best. I'm pretty pleased with the image and ... was especially pleased with the evening! The ticket stubs echo the purple color notes behind the cheese cake and in my illuminated letter "A". AND ... many thanks to my friend, Wanda!

Life, moves along ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a great painting! HAs the subject seen it? What do you do if somebody wants a copy of something in your sketchbook? I can only imagine how many people would love to get their hands on that book and have it for their own!