Monday, May 5, 2008

A Tangle of Delight

Ohhhhh, being home with the tease of Spring everywhere! The days grow longer and we are tap dancing between cold, hail, snow, cover-the-jade-tree weather to near 80 degree sunshine, wanna-buy-plants and garden weather!

And in between all that swing of weather is this "obsessive romance" that is culminating with my Dinner plate Dahlia painting. The more I paint and feel a part of this flower - I become more and more unable to leave 'her' alone. I just can't stop going back into my studio, contemplating changes, design elements . . . Also, it's a really exciting time in the process - the anticipation of how creativity will solve and unite the entire painting. Often, when I finish a piece - I sit back in wonder as to WHO really painted it. I honestly don't want to know - as long as I continue to be a vehicle for this kind of work, I'm very happy.

So I'm going to abandon you now, for the treasure time with my Dahlia and will report back soon. Well, at least as soon as I can pull myself away!

No comments: