Monday, May 19, 2008

Prep for Upcoming Show

Contrary to appearances, I'm still here on the planet. This is what happens as a show approaches, I'm wrapped up in framing, matting, labeling and delivery!! And delivery is this Friday at 10am.

But good news is, that I finished the big Dahlia, which has now been renamed with her complete and distinctive title, "Silver Queen". So all you dahlia lovers can identify her and appreciate her special glory. I'm actually pretty pleased with how she completed. At the end I struggled with darkening the background as opposed to lightening it. But since I'm the "Queen of Darks" - you know which way I went :) Here she is for your approval.

I searched for a wooden frame for her, envisioning something in the Purple Heart Wood realm. But alas, there was none. I stumbled across a lovely, and expensive, muted purple with undertones of pale, cool yellows peeking through (see below). And thank goodness, I was able to get 25% off because it was carried "in stock" at Central Art in Medford. Big plug for them in their service, quality of joining, and promptness of delivery (early even!).

Now, the mats are all cut, and today, I mount and close the back up with accompanying hanging system. It's possible the next image will the be show hung.

Oh, if you're interested and in the area, my show is at Liquid Assets, 96 N. Main Street, Ashland, Or, 541-482-9463. The duration of the show is from May 23rd - June 27th. Do hope you will drop by. Now I'm off to frame. Happy May!

No comments: